Terms for Web Design and Development
Our terms for website projects are described here. They should help us when working together. This page should give you an idea of the terms between us. The terms are primarily for web design projects but also include web hosting, domain names and graphic design.
Before the Work Starts
- A specification is agreed before any work on a project starts. This will be decided together and will be determined before a price is given for the project. If we provide you with an estimate for work before a full specification is provided, this is only an estimate. The price may change when the full specification is decided.
- You must supply all materials and information required by us to complete the work in accordance with any agreed specification (unless otherwise specified). Such materials may include, but are not limited to, photographs, written copy, logos and other printed material. Where there is any delay in supplying these materials to us which leads to a delay in the completion of work, we have the right to extend any previously agreed deadlines by a reasonable amount.
- Where you fail to supply materials, and that prevents the progress of the work, we have the right to invoice you for any part or parts of the work already completed.
- You must obtain all necessary permissions and authorities in respect of the use of all copy, graphic images, registered company logos, names and trade marks, or any other material that you supply to us to include in your website or web applications.
- After a specification is agreed, a price and estimated start date will be provided to the client.
Payments and Deposit
- A 50% deposit of the total fee payable under our proposal is due immediately upon us completing the Homepage design to your reasonable satisfaction. The remaining 50% shall become due when the work is complete and your website is ready to be published. We reserve the right not to continue with any work until the initial deposit has been paid in full.
- If the work extends beyond one month, interim invoices will be issued at the end of each month relating to work done in that month, or on completion of relevant phases of the project.
- We ask for payment within 5 days for completed web design projects.
- We are not VAT registered.
- A reasonable allowance for initial briefing and discussions is made in the quotation. If extra meetings are called, then a supplementary charge may be made.
- We build the website to follow current web standards (within the agreed specification and budget).
- The site specification includes a mobile friendly design (a responsive design), We will test the site on Android smartphone, tablet, and an Apple iOS device. Other testing can be arranged upon request. Due to the growing number of devices and screen resolution’s we cannot guarantee that there won’t be some minor discrepancies.
- We are pleased to offer you the opportunity to make revisions to the design. However, we have the right to limit the number of design proposals to a reasonable amount and may charge for additional designs if you make a change to the original design specification.
- Our website development phase is flexible and allows certain variations to the original specification. However any major deviation from the specification will be charged at an hourly rate.
Project Delays And Client Liability
- Any time frames or estimates that we give are contingent upon your full co-operation. During development there is a certain amount of feedback required in order to progress to subsequent phases. It is required that a single point of contact be appointed from your side and be made available on a daily basis in order to expedite the feedback process.
- We do not guarantee any specific position in search engine results for your website.
Web Hosting Costs
- Web hosting is payable yearly in advance or monthly by standing order. You must notify us by email to cancel your Web Hosting. No refunds are given if hosting is cancelled.
- Monthly standing orders must be cancelled by you (the client). We cannot be held responsible for cancelling Standing Order on your behalf. No refunds will be given for over payments.
- Domain names are purchased on your behalf, which you own.